Case O’Brien
Summary
International Controversies
The theme or my articles is the increasing of violence among the Iraqi people. The majority of my blogs came from this theme. Since the beginning of the semester I started to watch what is going on in Iraq and over the ourse of the semester I have come to realiz that in four years since we first invaded Iraq there has not been to much accomplished. The people of Iraq are still under attack and people are being killed on a daily basis. The insurgency problem has seemed to subside in some areas and risen in others. The Mahadi militia is still in power but have not ben seen lately as of a month ago it seems like they have disappeared from the city.
When it comes to predicting the future of Iraq it seems very dark to me right now. I don’t think that this war is going to end anytime soon. The reason I say this is in just the few months from reading what is going on in Iraq in the newspapers, U.S and Iraqi officials have not really made that much headway. It is true that some elections have taken place and that reconstruction is in progress but for what. First off we cannot start rebuilding when things are still going to be blown up. Another problem is there are still thousands of militant men out there who have not been caught and are waiting to strike again. Roadside bombings have also became more common and can be very effective in killing and wounding many people in just one incident. As it goes right now my prediction is that many more innocent American soldier will die in this war and for what. I think that this war in Iraq is not going to end soon we are going to be in this one for the long haul.
Overall I thought posting and commenting on other peoples summaries was fun and effective. I liked how two people having concerns about the same topic can comment back and forward with each other on the others summaries of either the same topic of completely different topics.
Another thing that I liked about being able to post on blogger is to see other people in your group summarizing the same article and the differences both people had with the same article. It was very helpful to be able to read other peoples summaries and also to read their comments even though I did not receive any comments on mine. I like to see people taking stands for what they think in some of their comments and also then commenting back to them on their comment
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment